Wednesday 2 May 2012

Iguazu 1

Iguazu Falls are shared by Argentina and Brazil and the border between the two countries runs between them.  Both have created National Parks of the surrounding areas and both sides offer different, but equally spectacular views of the falls.

The run of 275 different falls is 2.7km long and 82m height and there are various walking circuits to take to get the best views.  So, after a short 2 hour flight from Bueños Aires, we went straight to the Brazilian side which, although has far less falls, provides a much better panoramic view of the whole site.  


The noise of the water crashing down is deafening.

Before we'd ventured out onto the boardwalk Derek had recommended I leave my big camera with him.  What a good idea, even my little compact got a little wet - but not as wet as Ian!

This picture confused me for a short while, I've never owned a Nikon DSLR.  Then it dawned on me, I was probably holding it for Stuart whilst he took this photo on my Canon.  


This little fellow is a coati, a relative of the North American Raccoon.  There were a lot of them around, no doubt eating scraps of food the tourists inadvertently dropped.


Off to our hotel to dry off - at least it's warm!